The Sussex-Lisbon Area Historical Society is looking for volunteers! Areas in which we could use your assistance as a member of the Society include:
1. Fund raising efforts under the direction of the President, Board or Committee Chairman; which could include planning large public events, anniversary celebrations, etc.
2. Becoming a docent for the Sussex Depot Museum or for any future museum we develop, and/or being trained to work on the Archive collection.
3. Assisting at public events by transporting, setting up and taking down our display and/or manning a booth or table to promote the Society, Museum and Archive.
5. Assisting in, or providing ideas for, Social Media outlets and sending out messages under the direction of the Archivist, i.e.: Twitter, Instagram, History Pin, Facebook, SLAHS website.
6. Assisting in decorating the Sussex Depot Museum, or a new museum–taking down and putting up decor. Helping to design and mount exhibits for the Museum along with helping with art work, posters, photographing historical buildings & artifacts, etc.
8. Serving on the Sussex-Lisbon Area Historical Society Board of Directors.
9. Serving the Sussex-Lisbon Area Historical Society Board of Directors in an advisory capacity.
10. Light housekeeping, etc., like you would in your own home.
11. Offering pro-bono services if you are in a trade to do any of the tasks in point 9. Other trade skills we may need could include upgrading or simple repairs to electrical wiring and outlets, professional wall repair or painting, exhibit building like walls or movable or fixed display boards or cases, carpentry, lock installation, plumbing inspection and repair, water heater inspection, repair or replacement, and furnace and central air inspection repair or replacement. We will need skilled help to install original architectural elements like original exterior doors, light fixtures, bathroom fixtures, and bathroom lighting.
Please contact Rita Hahn, SLAHS President 262-422-7870